I feel Mandy’s message will stimulate readers to re-examine their lives in an effort to awaken to various fear-driven realities that we have been conditioned to live by. Mandy offers her own insight as to what these realities are based upon through sharing many of the messages she has received, as well as through offering intimate aspects of her life as a blueprint to help others realize the mind games played upon us by individuals and aspects of society which dictate our lifestyles and what we should think, feel, or obtain in life.
In essence, this book offers a blueprint for those who seek to empower themselves. It is my hope that those who read this book will begin to challenge many of our accepted lifestyles, and the beliefs that sustain them, in order to create a new understanding of what our life purpose can be.
We live in an age where our spiritual beliefs, intentions, and energy are constantly changing. However, our fear of change, concerning the material realm, leaves us stuck and destined to repeat the same lessons in ever more, potentially destructive ways. As our spiritual and material worlds continue to diverge, and this “split” continues to widen, my hope is that a new accountability and willingness to love–beyond a superficial level-may become more actualized, so that balance can be restored…
While searching for a perfect title for this book, a fellow psychic wrote me an e-mail that stated: “Hi Mandy! How have you been doing? You keep coming to me in meditations, bringing lotus flowers. I also keep seeing a book. Have you been writing lately or thinking of it? The angels want you to write a lot.”
At the time of receiving this e-mail, I already had eight chapters written in rough form. My plan had been to write about the topic of living simply. However, the book seemed to take off in a different direction as I found myself writing primarily about the conflict that occurs when spiritual individuals seek to embrace metaphysical principles while remaining loyal to a collective mind-set that is insane. Furthermore, it is becoming increasingly more obvious that this conflict is the underlying cause of many of the problems of the world.
Looking up the symbolism of the lotus flower, what I came across was a quote from the Lalitavistara, a sacred text of the life of Buddha by Dhrarmaraksha (308 AD). It seemed to offer an interesting analogy. It states:
The spirit of the best of men is spotless, like the new lotus in the muddy water which does not adhere to it.
In a round-about way, this explanation of what the lotus symbolizes, as quoted in the Lalitavistara, became the main thesis of what this book is about: How to discern our true nature apart from a collective mind-set, which many of us may adhere to, without being mindful of what our adherence is truly creating (i.e. strife, anxiety, limitations, greed, corruption, abuses, environmental degradation, and more). So, I titled this book, I Am the Lotus, Not the Muddy Pond, where the lotus represents our divine nature and spiritual truth, and the muddy pond represents the dominant streams of collective consciousness within the world. The I in the title represents our greater I Am presence.
I do feel that the human race is entering an exciting time, where the sowing of the polluted seeds of its past and its present thoughts and actions are producing fruits of this labor within the world. We can use these fruits to gain the motivation and understanding to make new choices, i.e.:
- whether we will continue to serve what is in our own self-interest or whether we will begin to serve the common good
- whether we will continue to allow our spirituality to evolve in one direction, while remaining faithful or enslaved to the ways of an unconscious world that leads us down another path
Instead of living in certain predictable ways, a bridge can be created: a bridge that is awakened, free of judgment or blame, and which honors Earth and the Truth that exists within Her and all other living things. Many mystics, elders, and masters have achieved it; I firmly believe it is within the reach of everyone.
Before offering my ideas as to what could allow us to find more peace within ourselves and create more peace within our world, I want to offer a few more final points:
- This book stems from a lot of my own perceptions, channelings, and experiences, not to mention an inner desire to bring about world peace in a more meaningful way. I don’t claim to be a guru or master concerning any topics I discuss.
- This book does not treat the various issues of the world with kid gloves. I present a stark reality concerning what I see as the effects of mankind’s lack of love for itself and for the world. I believe that only through seeing where love has been lacking, does mankind have the opportunity to make another choice (to love).
- While at times I may appear to be recommending total anarchy, my true agenda is merely to inspire others to start asking questions regarding the illusions we give our power to. Only through being willing to challenge our world and its belief systems and norms can we break down various patterns of blind conformity that block us from evolving as a collective.
- I use the word “mankind” instead of “humankind” deliberately because it is the word my guides use.
- Throughout this book I reference various sources and masters without being a follower or student of any single discipline. I have found, through my experience with various teachings that all paths lead to the same place. Some teachings are clearer and can demonstrate a point better than others. Basically, they are all teaching love, compassion, truth, and growth. So, in addition to quoting Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha), I also quote the Bible, Osho (twentieth century Indian mystic and guru), Eckhart Tolle (author of The Power of Now), and other sources.
All in all, we are embarking upon a glorious adventure toward the next step in our awakening process: moving beyond the material and superficial, while bringing all of the lost and split parts of ourselves back into wholeness again. The fact that you are reading this book tells me you are ready for that challenge.